Ortho-K are custom contact lenses that are worn only at night. They gently and temporarily reshape the front surface of the eye. When they are removed in the morning, patients can see clearly with no correction. Studies show that Ortho-K lenses significantly slow Myopia progression in children and teens.
Soft Multifocal Contact Lenses
Soft multifocal contact lenses are identical in feel and wear to normal soft contact lenses. They are worn during the daytime and removed at night. The difference is the varying power of the lens from center to periphery. These varying powers allow light to focus appropriately on all areas of the retina, greatly slowing the progression of myopia. (the following is probably something from the company itself and probably not copyrighted)
Introducing the Brilliant Futures™ Myopia Management Program
Start managing your child’s myopia with a comprehensive approach built around MiSight® 1 day contact lenses, the first and only soft contact lenses that are FDA approved to slow the progression of myopia* in children age 8-12 at initiation of treatment.1**
- Click the link to view our MiSight Patient Infographic.
- Click the link to view CooperVision Myopia Management page.
Benefits beyond standard vision correction
Managing myopia with the Brilliant FuturesTM Myopia Management Program and MiSight® 1 day contact lenses can provide your child with a wide-range of benefits in addition to clear vision, including:
- Potentially slowing myopia progression during their growing years1**
- Offering a comfortable wearing experience2
- Avoiding the worry of losing or breaking glasses
- Accommodating a more active lifestyle2
- Providing children who wear contact lenses a significantly better quality of life than children wearing glasses, especially regarding athletics and appearance.2
For children who begin a myopia management program between 8 and 12 years of age, their vision will not only be corrected today, but the progression of myopia over their growing years may be slowed, potentially minimizing its long-term impact.1**
A revolutionary contact lens
MiSight® 1 day is a soft contact lens that uses ActivControlTM Technology to slow the elongation of the eyes.1 ActivControlTM Technology can simultaneously correct your child’s vision today, while training their eyes to resist growing longer.1
A robust program supports you and your child every step of the way
The Brilliant FuturesTM Myopia Management Program offers you and your child the support you need to take on myopia between eye appointments.
- An annual supply of MiSight® 1 day daily disposable lenses
- Free shipping and free returns, including prescription changes
- Office visits outlined for the entire year
- Access to online support tools
- A helpful app with your program details and appointment reminders
Footnotes: *Indications for use: MiSight® 1 day (omafilcon A) soft (hydrophilic) contact lenses for daily wear are indicated for the correction of myopic ametropia and for slowing the progression of myopia in children with non-diseased eyes, who at the initiation of treatment are 8-12 years of age and have a refraction of -0.75 to -4.00 diopters (spherical equivalent) with ≤ 0.75 diopters of astigmatism. The lens is to be discarded after each removal. **Compared to a single vision 1 day lens over a 3 year period. 1. Chamberlain P, et al. A 3-year Randomized Clinical Trial of MiSight Lenses for Myopia Control. Optom Vis Sci. 2019;96(8):556–567. 2. Walline JJ, et al. Benefits of contact lens wear for children and teens. Eye Contact Lens. 2007;33(6 Pt 1):317-21. 3. Rah MJ, et al. Vision specific quality of life of pediatric contact lens wearers. Optom Vis Sci. 2010;87(8):560-6.